Friday, May 14, 2010

Robin Hood

Right. So I've been away far too long. So long I might well have been dead. But I'm not going to waste time apologizing and rededicating myself to the task of writing every day as if this is some sort of sophomoric diary. We all know it isn't going to happen.

So....tonight, er, this morning I went to see Robin Hood with some friends and my sister. And I LOVED IT!!! There were a few things I would have changed of course--a little less slo-mo, a little more sweeping shots of gorgeous English countryside--but altogether I enjoyed it IMMENSELY.

And it was like it awakened anew the desire in me to be there, to be part of that process, to be involved in something that beautiful and monumental. To create. I feel as if my creativity is slowly being squelched out of me--partially because of my environment and location, and partly because I feel as if I am losing hope that all I've dreamed will ever come to pass.

I HATE that. I hate feeling low and useless. I hate feeling as if I'm standing in my own way. I hate feeling like I'm failing

But oh well. After all, as one overdone heroine gasped at the end of one of the most pointless movies in cinematic history (in my humble opinion), tomorrow is...another day!

Amare Vita Eterna

Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment